EDUCATORS, HOME SCHOOLERS, AND YOUTH PROGRAM ADMINISTRATORS
In classrooms, homeschools, community centers, and libraries across the country, The Mighty Endeavor offers students an opportunity to help learn and preserve history while building skills they need for life.
The multi-cultural inclusive curriculum has been developed for use by teachers, after-school groups, homeschoolers, librarians, youth programs and other organizations. The current version is designed to be implemented in individual or team settings, and includes multiple opportunities for integration into language arts, history and technology instruction.
NEW INCLUSIVENESS MODULES
The Mighty Endeavor Curriculum now features the 5 new inclusiveness modules, which are design to give students the opportunity to research, interview, and record the personal histories of the women and minorities that have served our nation.
The modules include:
These modules offer resources and information to enhance our standard Mighty Endeavor curriculum.
To learn how to incorporate the program into an existing curriculum, please send an email to email@example.com
with the subject line: Curriculum
The hard skills and soft skills developed in the various components of the project are transferable to many vocations. Participants will:
- Develop listening skills as they interact with senior citizens in order to hear and record their stories.
- Increase their personal perspective of our history, through the eyes of those who experienced it firsthand.
- Learn empathy, respect and a deeper understanding of prior generations impact on the world they live in.
- Increase their narrative writing and documentation skill sets.
- Develop a deep understanding of the research process and the importance of sourcing, referencing, and citation.
- Increase personal communication skills while engaging with other students, adults, and senior citizens. If students are fortunate enough to have an opportunity to meet with a WWII veterans, it will likely become a memorable time, growing in significance as time goes by.
- Utilize and perfect computer skills used to research, upload and edit material on the Veterans' Legacies database.